Position Title: Perfusionist
Location: Staten Island, NY
Description: • Assembles, primes, re-circulates, tests, and manages the extracorporeal circuit prior to initiation and during operation of heart-lung bypass.
• Modifies extracorporeal circuit and/or incorporates the use of special equipment to accommodate operative procedure to be performed.
• Adjusts therapies based on the physiologic parameters to maintain adequate perfusion.
• Administers medications, blood components, and anesthetic agents via the extracorporeal circuit.
• Disassembles and cleans the perfusion equipment following termination of the procedure.
• Orders and maintains adequate supplies from various departments (e.g. Central Supply, Warehouse, Pharmacy, etc.).
• Obtains blood samples during procedures.
• Performs advanced blood therapies including PRP, platelet Gel, hemofiltration, and autotransfusion.
Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
• Current Clinical Perfusionist (ABCP) Certification in New York State, and Current License to practice as a Perfusionist in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
• 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.
Contact Information: https://jobs.northwell.edu/job-3/15832124/perfusionist-staten-island-ny/
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2022