Representatives from the American Society of ExtraCorporeal Technology, the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion, the American Academy of Cardiovascular Perfusion, the Asociación Latinoamericana de Perfusión, the Australian and New Zealand College of Perfusionists, the Canadian Society of Clinical Perfusion, Comprehensive Care Services, the European Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion, the Michigan Society of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons, Perfusion.com, the Society of Clinical Perfusion Scientists Great Britain and Ireland, SpecialtyCare, Tiny Perfusion Letter, and Vivacity Perfusion have formed the Joint Perfusion COVID-19 Task Force to monitor the recent coronavirus outbreak and its impact on our community. Combining the strengths of all organizations, our goal is to disseminate information and resolve questions related to perfusionists and COVID-19.
This page will be updated regularly with new resources related to COVID-19. If you have any resources you would like added to this page, please email email@example.com.
View past webinar recordings here.
Mental Health & Wellness Resources
As perfusionists and all healthcare workers deal with the ever-changing dynamics of the COVID-19 crisis in the United States, many negative emotions circulate throughout the day. Fear, stress, anger, depression, uncertainty, and anxiety to name a few. This disease affects us on every level. It affects us at home and at work in many ways. With updates and protocols changing so quickly, it’s easy to get lost in a downward spiral. The COVID-19 Task Force wants to provide some resources to aid in dealing with how we are handling our mental health during this crisis. To learn more about how you can better take care of your mental health, talk to your families and children about COVID-19, and squeeze in time for wellness and exercise, visit the Mental Health & Wellness Resource Page here.
- ELSO Resource Page: The ELSO COVID-19 Resource Page has a wealth of information relating to ECMO for COVID-19 patients. Content includes ELSO's guidance document on COVID-19, information on how to enter COVID-19 patients into the ELSO registry, ECMO-related COVID-19 Research, and more.
- ELSO Educational Webinars: ELSO is putting together weekly webinars to help communicate important information to the extracorporeal life support community. See below for links to previously aired webinars and upcoming live webinars:
- ELSO Membership: In order to better communicate information regarding COVID-19 and ECMO, ELSO is will be offering complimentary memberships both for new centers and for perfusionists.
- New Center Membership: ELSO is offering a one-time free yearly membership to new center members in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Use code 68120617 when joining. Once they have completed the registration process, we will activate the center. This offer is good until the end of June. Once the center's membership application has been approved, each center's director and a coordinator will receive an e-mail with a username and password. Both will be administrators, so that they can renew membership (after a year) and add/delete users as needed. Centers will need to complete a data transfer agreement and anyone entering data will have to complete the data entry exam as usual. The link to join is: https://www.elso.org/Membership/CenterMembershipApplication.aspx
- Individual Membership: ELSO is offering a one-time free yearly individual membership for new members. This offer is good until the end of June. The link to join as an individual member is: https://www.elso.org/MeetingJoin.aspx
- EUROELSO Information Letters
Legislative & Governmental Recources
Visit the Legislative and Government Resources Page to view information on state licensure and more.
This publications page includes links to peer-reviewed publications from journals like JAMA, Circulation, ASAIO, and more on COVID-19. Click here to view these articles.
Additional Resource Links
Manufacturer Partner Links
To send additional resources or questions on COVID-19 to the task force, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.