AmSECT 61st International Conference Attendee Code of Conduct
As an International Conference participant, you are agreeing to adhere to the Conference Code of Conduct. Please review the agreement below.
AmSECT 61st International Conference — Code of Conduct
AmSECT values the participation of each attendee, exhibitor, sponsor and presenter and is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and staff. Accordingly, all attendees are expected to show respect and courtesy to other attendees. All communication — in-person or virtual — should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of different backgrounds. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, AmSECT staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Conference’s Code of Conduct while attending the 61st International Conference.
AmSECT has zero tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, AmSECT asks that you inform Kim Wiatr, Executive Director, AmSECT at email@example.com so that we can take the appropriate action.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, sponsor, AmSECT staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Examples of abuse include, but are not limited to, comments related to age, appearance, disability, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, nationality, professional level, race, religion, and sexual orientation, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, sponsor, AmSECT staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
In addition, participants are asked to adhere to the following rules:
- The recording and/or transmission of education sessions in any format is strictly prohibited.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain any promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for any types of services. All presentations will be reviewed for compliance and AmSECT reserves the right to remove inappropriate messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants should not reproduce or repurpose presentation materials in any way without express consent from the presenter.
- Participants should not record, copy, or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual conference.
In keeping with our values, please note that we do not permit the following to be incorporated into any presentations at AmSECT events:
- Slurs and jokes of any kind that focus on race, gender, religious or sexual orientation
- Attribution to racial, ethnic, gender or sexual orientation characteristics that promote devaluing of any member of society
- Promotion of anything that condones authoritarian values (political systems and practices that devalue any member of society)
- Display of nudity (including imagery)
- Use of profanity
- Use of sexually explicit language, content or imagery
AmSECT reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the International Conference without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior.