Duties and Responsibilities of AmSECT GRC State Liaison
- Encourages the establishment and maintenance of 501 (c)(6) state perfusion organizations.
- Identifies volunteers to serve in leadership positions for an independent state society and to serve on a society's legislative committee. Serves on the Legislative Committee of a society.
- As a member of an independent state society, represents the state's perfusionists and the profession's concerns to state legislative and regulatory authorities and to representatives of allied medical professional groups in the state.
- Serves as AmSECT's official contact for legislative and regulatory activity in their respective state and with regard to mobilizing the membership with regard to federal matters affecting the profession.
- Establishes and maintains a government relations communications network for perfusionists in their respective state. Facilitates communication between the AmSECT Government Relations Committee members and the AmSECT Director of Government Relations and the state's perfusionists.
- Represents the views and concerns of perfusionists in their state to the AmSECT Government Relations Committee.
- Coordinates legislative research and membership organization, and related short term and long term political activities within their state.
- Assists with the administration of state manpower surveys and surveys to measure membership attitudes on socioeconomic and professional practice issues.
- Coordinates legislative and government relations related informational meetings for perfusionists in their state.
State Liaison Willingness to Serve Application
Permission to Release Information
The following information will be used by the members of the Government Relations Committee, Director of Government Relations, and the membership of AmSECT, unless you specifically indicate otherwise in the appropriate boxes at the end of the application.