Position Title: Chief of Perfusion
Location: Iowa City, IA
Description: The UI Heart and Vascular Center (HVC) is seeking a full-time (100%) Chief of Perfusion to oversee and direct operational aspects of the Perfusion Service as well as the Perfusion Technology Education Program. Duties include managing daily clinical operations, staffing, financial planning, budgeting, performance improvement and compliance while serving as the lead clinical and technical resource. Key Areas of Responsibility include Operations, Standards of Care, Regulatory Compliance, Quality and Patient Satisfaction; Patient Care/Services Delivery; Planning and Goal Management; Communication/Collaboration; Education Programs; Financial and Data Management and Analysis; Human Resource Management; Clinical Service/Unit Operations Management; and Decision Making and Critical Thinking.
Requirements: Education Required:
- Master’s Degree in Perfusion/Cardiovascular Sciences, Health Care Administration or Business Administration.
- Successful completion of an accredited Perfusion Technology Program required.
- 5 years progressive experience as a clinical perfusionist with exposure/experience to Cardiopulmonary Bypass, Intra-Aortic Balloon Pumping, Autologous Blood Processing, Electronic Physiological Monitoring, and a variety of Ventricular Assist Devices. Exposure/experience must also include Pediatric perfusion, ECMO and cardiopulmonary bypass.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of financial planning and budgeting.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to successfully manage a highly skilled team while serving as a change agent focused on delivering highly quality patient care
- Excellent organization skills including the ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities while routinely and positively interacting/engaging with all members of a multi-disciplinary team through verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a diverse environment.
- Current certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion required.
Current certification in BLS (Basic Life Support) required.
- ACLS Instructor certification required within 6 mos. of hire.
- 7 years progressive experience as a clinical perfusionist, including a wide variety of ventricular assist devices and other various extracorporeal life support devices.
- Supervisory experience desired.
- Experience working in an academic health care environment desired.
- Knowledge of EPIC desired.
Contact Information: Shttp://p.rfer.us/UIOWACCOEwp
Posted: Thursday, March 2, 2023