Position Title: Staff Perfusionist
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Description: Come work at a university setting that also has a great work life balance. We do CABGs, valves, aortic cases, lungs transplants, heart transplants, ECMO, minimally invasive procedures, angiovacs, and TAVRs. We are a very close team and are looking for 2 more perfusionist to join us. Indianapolis is a wonderful city. It has everything you need (concerts, professional sports, food scene, etc.) plus it has a low cost of living.
Requirements: New graduates encouraged to apply.
- CCP Requires Basic Life Support certification through the AHA. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
- Incumbents to this position with training completed after April 15, 1981 are required to maintain cardiovascular perfusion certification (or to be eligible for the perfusion certification examination process).
- Incumbents who have completed perfusion training after April 15, 1981 are required to have completed satisfactorily their clinical and didactic coursework from an accredited perfusion training program.
- Requires knowledge of cardiovascular and respiratory systems, physiology, anatomy, mechanical and electronic equipment as well as new innovations in the field of open heart surgery.
- Requires perfusion experience in applying knowledge of biology, chemistry and physiology in a hospital operating room setting.
- Requires open heart surgery and surgical perfusion procedure experience.
- Requires the ability to operate, troubleshoot, and maintain a wide variety of cardiovascular perfusion, life support, and blood salvage equipment, instrumentation and supplies
Contact Information: https://careers.iuhealth.org/jobs/12300375-perfusionist-ft-slash-day
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2023