Joint Perfusion COVID-19 Task Force
Representatives from AmSECT, the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion, the American Academy of Cardiovascular Perfusion, Australian and New Zealand College of Perfusionists, Comprehensive Care Services, the Michigan Society of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons, Perfusion.com, and SpecialtyCare have formed the Joint Perfusion COVID-19 Task Force to monitor the recent coronavirus outbreak and its impact on our community. Combining the strengths of all organizations, our goal is to disseminate information and resolve questions related to perfusionists and COVID-19.
This page will be updated regularly with new resources related to COVID-19. If you have any resources you would like added to this page, please email email@example.com.
We have established a discussion forum focused on COVID-19 topics related to the practice of perfusion. We invite all members of the community to participate in the online forum. If you are an AmSECT member, login to post. If you are not a current member, please either use your current guest account or create a free guest account.
- To login to your current member or guest account, click here.
- For assistance resetting your password for your current membership or guest account, click here.
- To create a new guest account, click here.
Want to receive emailed updates on posts made to the COVID-19 Discussion Forum? Follow the instructions here to subscribe and stay up-to-date.
JOINT TASK FORCE WEBINARS
Info to be added here on upcoming task force webinars.
- ELSO Resource Page: The ELSO COVID-19 Resource Page has a wealth of information relating to ECMO for COVID-19 patients. Content includes ELSO's guidance document on COVID-19, information on how to enter COVID-19 patients into the ELSO registry, ECMO-related COVID-19 Research, and more.
- ELSO Educational Webinars: ELSO is putting together weekly webinars to help communicate important information to the extracorporeal life support community. See below for links to previously aired webinars and upcoming live webinars:
- UPCOMING WEBINARS
COVID-19 in Japan
Monday, March 30
7:00 am ET/6:00 am CT
To register for the webinar, click here.
- PAST WEBINARS
Preparing to Support COVID-19 Patients on ECMO
Recording available here
- ELSO Membership: In order to better communicate information regarding COVID-19 and ECMO, ELSO is will be offering complimentary memberships. The link will be posted here once it is available.
MENTAL HEALTH & WELLNESS RESOURCES
As perfusionists and all healthcare workers deal with the ever-changing dynamics of the COVID-19 crisis in the United States, many negative emotions circulate throughout the day. Fear, stress, anger, depression, uncertainty, and anxiety to name a few. This disease affects us on every level. It affects us at home and at work in many ways. With updates and protocols changing so quickly, it’s easy to get lost in a downward spiral. The COVID-19 Task Force wants to provide some resources to aid in dealing with how we are handling our mental health during this crisis. To learn more about how you can better take care of your mental health, talk to your families and children about COVID-19, and squeeze in time for wellness and exercise, visit the Mental Health & Wellness Resource Page here.
Legislative & Government Relations Resources
Stay tuned for access to additional resources related to state licensure, practicing in other states, and more.