The ELSO Liaison shall promote the science of Extra-Corporeal Life Support (ECLS) in the perfusion community by maintaining an active role in the collaborative efforts of both AmSECT and ELSO (Extra-Corporeal Life Support Organization). The ELSO Liaison is integral in establishing and maintaining all levels of communication between the steering committee/leaders of ELSO and the Board of Directors of AmSECT.
- The ELSO Liaison is appointed by the president of AmSECT. There are no limits to the term.
- The ELSO Liaison should have clinical experience with ECLS in the neonatal, pediatric and adult patient populations.
- Strive to maintain positive working relationships with the leaders of the ELSO community.
- Provide consultation and support to disputes occurring between ECMO clinicians and perfusionists. These conflicts may be realized nationally, regionally or within an institution.
- Participate in the planning of the combined AmSECT pediatric / ELSO meeting as well as other ELSO meetings when the opportunity is afforded.
- The ELSO Liaison should stimulate meeting participation by presenting at conferences relative to ECMO and ECMO-related therapies. Further, such presentations should also be utilized to introduce new technologies and procedural changes.
- The ELSO Liaison shall maintain a seat on the ELSO Steering Committee by attending the designated steering committee conferences.
- Work closely with the appointed AmSECT Board of Director Advocate to submit communications and requests to the Board.
- Submit a bi-annual report to the Board of Directors a minimum of 30 days in advance of the spring and fall Board meetings, generally by March 1 and September 1 of each year. The September report should include the committee budget and request for approval of any expenses that the committee is expected to incur in the coming fiscal year.
For more information or to submit a question for the liaison, please email AmSECT at firstname.lastname@example.org.