Advertising Insertion Orders / Rate Sheets
Please download the insertion order/rate sheets for AmSECT Today and the Journal of ExtraCorporeal Technology (JECT). You can place advertisements in one or both of these publications for the coming year. AmSECT’s variety of media affords you the opportunity to create a custom-designed advertising package that coincides perfectly with your marketing and promotions goals. AmSECT Today and JECT each have circulations of over 2,000 and all publishing options are devoted to the domestic, international and student perfusionist communities.
2021 Advertising rates:
For more information, contact:
AmSECT National Headquarters
330 N. Wabash Ave. Suite 2000 • Chicago, IL 60611
Email and Mailing List Rentals
Policy on the Use of the AmSECT Member Email List
- AmSECT does not rent its email list directly to any third party, nor does it accept payment to distribute email for one-time use outside of a sponsorship contract.
- AmSECT will distribute emails to members as part of its Corporate Partner package benefits, but the messages must be provided to AmSECT and distributed from the National Office.
- All bona fide candidates for any officer or director position may have a one-time use of the email list at no rental charge.
- Members of the AmSECT Board of Directors may have access to the relevant mailing list without charge to notify members of pressing issues or meetings. Emails will be sent from the National Office.
- Individuals or groups requesting to use the AmSECT email list must submit their request to the National Office. AmSECT’s staff will determine if the message is appropriate within the current schedule of mailings and within the staff's strategy for communication (prioritizing messages based on importance while avoiding excessive communication and diluting AmSECT’s primary messaging). The National Office retains the right to delay or deny requests based on these criteria.
- Requests may be forwarded from the National Office to the Executive Committee when considering whether or not a message conflicts with the general interests of AmSECT (i.e. such as with the promotion of competing products or benefits).
- Requests may be forwarded from the Executive Committee to the Board of Directors when considering whether or not a message is of significant interest to the general, or relevant, membership to warrant mass communication.
- Requests to distribute surveys may be forwarded from the Board of Directors to the International Consortium on Evidence-Based Perfusion. Criteria for evaluation will include whether the request came from a member or a non-member, whether or not the purpose of the survey is to facilitate quality improvement or research focused on the practice of ECLS and mechanical circulatory support and whether or not survey results and final report will be shared with AmSECT and distributed to membership.
Policy on Rental of AmSECT Member Mailing (and Post Box) List
AmSECT does not release member email addresses directly to any third party. The National Office has the authority to rent the mailing list of physical addresses for one-time use for mailers. The list renter shall provide AmSECT with a complete sample of the mailing piece for approval prior to release. Requests may be subject to review by the same committees and using the same criteria listed above. AmSECT reserves the right to refuse list rental to any company or individual, at its sole discretion. Rental of the AmSECT mailing list to outside vendors and/or entities does not constitute an endorsement or guarantee of the product/service being marketed.
Upon approval of the mailer, AmSECT will provide a cost estimate for the list rental. The estimate will be based on the labor cost for AmSECT staff or a mailing service to handle the mailing plus postage. Payment will be provided to AmSECT headquarters prior to the mailing. Direct mailing list brokers soliciting the AmSECT membership list on behalf of a client assumes total responsibility for on time payment to the AmSECT, regardless of the client's payment standing with the broker.
AmSECT does not authorize the use of its membership list for the following purposes:
- Announcements of educational programs, equipment, or other products and services not relating to the field of extracorporeal technology.
- Use of member names and addresses for on-site visits to members' homes/offices for any reason.
- Advertising or promoting any conference, meeting or other activity that is in direct conflict with the interests of AmSECT.
- Providing its membership label set as a broker for any products or service not manufactured or provided directly by the buyer of the set.
Policy on Requests to Survey Membership
AmSECT periodically receives requests from members, research investigators and other professional societies to distribute surveys to its membership via email. AmSECT will review these requests and evaluate based on the following criteria:
- Request from AmSECT member
- Purpose of the survey is to facilitate quality improvement or research focused on the practice of ECLS and mechanical circulatory support
- Review and recommendation from the International Consortium on Evidence-Based Perfusion
- Survey results and final report will be shared with AmSECT, for distribution to membership if applicable
- Members do have the ability to distribute surveys through Perflist with review.
Contact AmSECT National Headquarters for more information.