In this Section
- Code of Ethics
- Scope of Practice
- Standards and Guidelines
- Perfusion Practice (2017)
- Mechanical Support (2017)
- Pediatric and Congenital Perfusion Practice (2019)
- Clinical Practice Guidelines
- STS/SCA/AmSECT/SABM Update to Clinical Practice Guidelines (2021)
Anticoagulation Guidelines (2018)
- STS/SCA/AmSECT Temperature Guidelines (2015)
-STS/SCA/AmSECT Inflammatory Response (2014)
-STS/SCA/AmSECT Blood Conservation Guidelines (2011)
- Perfusion Without Borders
- Perfusion Checklist
- Pump Templates
AmSECT believes that our practicing perfusionists are often looking for new ways to give back to the community. With that in mind, AmSECT and the AmSECT Foundation are thrilled to announce a new collaboration with SpecialtyCare to create the SpecialtyCare Medical Mission Fund!
We are proud to partner with SpecialtyCare to launch the SpecialtyCare Medical Mission Fund, in honor of Al Stammers receiving The John H. Gibbon Jr. Award, which will provide an endowment to support perfusionists wishing to travel abroad for medical missions. AmSECT will administer the $25,000 endowment donation from SpecialtyCare, and this fund will go directly towards the remuneration for airfare and lodging. Unlike other mission funds and scholarships that are often awarded to students, the SpecialtyCare Medical Mission Fund will be offered to practicing perfusionists that desire the opportunity to share their skills abroad with those who need them. AmSECT and SpecialtyCare believe in both the continued innovation of the field and the professional needs of extracorporeal technology here and abroad.
The 2021 application period is now closed. Congratulations to this year's recipients Audrey Barba, Johnson Anthony, and Allyson Aquino!
2021 Application update:
- An applicant can choose a mission and travel anytime occurring between Oct 1, 2021 and the date of the 2023 AmSECT International conference.
- The applicant will submit a letter of acceptance from a charity to join an upcoming mission. However, the specific mission date does not need to be included in order to complete the scholarship application.
The application is now closed. If you are currently a perfusionist with an interest in participating in a global effort to share the insight of our profession throughout the world, please apply next year by sending an email with a completed application found on this page and all supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org. The applicant should be out of school and a practicing perfusionist. The applicant must be a US citizen and an AmSECT member in good standing.
- SpecialtyCare Medical Mission Fund Scholarship Application & Letter of Agreement (Submitted Online - The 2021 application period is now closed.)
- Supporting Documentation (Submitted directly to email@example.com)
- Biographical Statement (including the reason you would like to complete mission work)
- Letter of reference from a supervisor in your perfusion department
- Letter of acceptance from a charity to join an upcoming mission
Hear from SpecialtyCare’s CEO, Sam Weinstein, MD, MBA as he explores the new SpecialtyCare Medical Mission Endowment and how mission trips have impacted his life.