Position: Staff Perfusionist
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Employment Type Full Time
Hours/Pay Period 80
Standard Hours Days- Varies with call
CHI Memorial Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, is once again the only hospital in the Chattanooga area to be named a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be the regional referral center of choice providing health care throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia.
CHI Memorial Hospital provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
Flexible spending accounts
Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
We invite you to join CHI Memorial Hospital today!
Important Note: Nicotine is part of our pre-employment drug screen
The Perfusionist is responsible for perfusion services including extracorporeal perfusion, ECMO, intra-aortic balloon pump operation, autotransfusion operation, ventricular assist devices, and for maintaining equipment and inventory control of perfusion related supplies. Collaborates with surgeons, anesthesia care givers, and other departments to provide effective quality patient care.
1. Maintains an ongoing documented par level inventory system for all perfusion supplies and equipment.
2. Strives toward the future enhancement of the cardiovascular program; by improved techniques and cost saving improvement.
3. Assesses and operates equipment. Heart/Lung Machine, Balloon Pump, Autotransfusion, Ventricular Assist Device, Hemoconcentrator, I-Stat, ECMO, Heat Coolers, and External Pacemakers.
4. Delivers items to a sterile field maintaining sterility according to AORN standards and departmental policy.
5. Assesses the patient for actual and potential problems according to AmSECT standards and recommended practices of the perfusion community.
6. Documents perfusion actions and patient care activities.
7. Collaborates with surgeons, anesthesia personnel and other health team members to initiate appropriate interventions, patient needs, and evaluate responses.
8. Other duties as assigned by management
Completion of an accredited or approved perfusion program.
Certified by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion. BLS. Licensed Perfusionist in the State of TN.