Position: Staff Perfusionist
Location: Toledo, OH
Under administrative or surgical direction, is clinically competent to provide care, as identified in the Perfusion "Scope of Practice". A Staff Perfusionist functions independently, but in a "team" atmosphere. Staff perfusionist must also assist in administrative type duties as computer data entry, supplies stocking and ordering, performance improvement activities and other day to day operations of the department, including performing testing within the Point of Care laboratory in the O.R.
• Graduate of an accredited perfusion technology school acquiring at minimum a Bachelor's degree.
• Certified or certification eligible by The American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion.
• Physics, logistical reasoning skills, anatomy and physiology, Sterile technique, pharmacology, physical strength and endurance, word processing and database knowledge, troubleshooting and psychomotor skills, and independent thinking are some of the abilities required to be a perfusionist.
• A perfusionist must be able to exercise sound judgement in complex, stressful situations, take a considerable amount of call and work for long periods of time without breaks.
• Competency is achieved in an average of 3 years.
• Knowledge of surgical procedures and technique.
• BLS required.