-Current certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion.
- GA Perfusion license eligible by the Georgia Composite State Board of Medical Examiners.
- Pediatric experienced preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited academic clinical program; Bachelors degree required.
- Must maintain current CPR.
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- Extracorporeal circulation/cardiopulmonary support
- Ventricular Assist Device: Implant, explant, device parameters
- Blood conservation techniques
- Auto-transfusion for orthopedic and neurosurgical cases
- Myocardial preservation
- Administration of medications, blood components, and anesthetic agents via the extracorporeal circuit
- Anticoagulation, physiologic parameters, blood gas and chemistry values, perfusion protocols or emergency procedures based on observed abnormalities or equipment failures
- Documentation associated with described duties