Position: Prinicipal Clinical Specialist/Certified Perfusionist
This position is responsible for providing clinical, technical and educational support as a cardiac perfusionist and assisting in meeting sales, customer support and overall Company goals. This position requires 80% travel.
Clinical responsibilities include education of clinicians on various equipment including but not limited to HLM, cell salvage, monitoring devices, cell processing, etc. Other responsibilities include education and support of clinical perfusionists, surgeons, operating room staff, materials management and biomedical engineers. The perfusionist also supports the sales staff and product development engineers with educational, technical and other requests. The clinical specialist provides training for both adult and pediatric institutions.
1. In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
2. Sales Support: Complete necessary documentation and phone calls (customer service), immediately notify representatives regarding issues or problems requiring follow-up, serve as effective Terumo CVS representative to physicians, physician assistants, RNs, perfusionists, auto-transfusionists, and support staff as applicable regarding Terumo CVS products, services, and clinical support. Maintain current knowledge regarding products, procedures, Terumo CVS programs, services and competitive products, maintain open, effective communication with all customers and other Terumo CVS associates.
3. Clinical and Technical Support: Represent Terumo CVS during surgeries of products to provide clinical support, troubleshooting, and other technical assistance. Provide follow-ups in hospitals and clinics, provide support with field clinical investigations in assigned institutions, receive technical inquiries by telephone, research solutions to questions or problems, provide on-call support as needed for surgeries, troubleshooting, follow-up, etc. including evenings and weekends.
4. Educational Support: Educate and train clinicians, hospital personnel and office staff on technical matters relating to our products through conducting and/or coordinating training and education programs. Provide additional training and resources for hospital staff to enable them to conduct training for their personnel (“train the trainer”) if required.
5. Seminars/Trade Show/Symposiums: Participate and present in technical seminars, symposia, and trade shows. Offer clinical and technical information and assistance to customers during these various events.
6. Clinical Trials & Product Development Support: Participate in clinical trials and studies to support marketing and regulatory activities for new and existing products. Provide input to Product Development for new product development through knowledge of customer/clinical requirements.
7. Ensure documentation/training is in compliance with hospital operating room protocol tracking system.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
Current perfusionist certification
· College degree in cardiovascular perfusion, or technical discipline and 8 – 10 years of experience in hospital/clinic, cardiovascular setting (operating room environment)
· Experience working in a company setting as a clinical perfusionist highly desired.
· Basic computer software skills, i.e., Microsoft Office.
Leadership and supervisory skills would be a plus.