Location: Towson, MD
Full Time (Mon - Fri)
We are looking for a talented professional to join our team at University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center.
When you come to University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center, you’re coming to more than simply a beautiful 37-acre, 224-bed suburban Towson, MD campus. You’re embarking on a professional journey that encourages opportunities, values a team atmosphere, and makes convenience and flexibility a priority.
When you come to University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center, you’re coming to more than simply a beautiful 37-acre, 218-bed suburban Baltimore, Maryland campus. You’re embarking on a professional journey that encourages opportunities, values a team atmosphere and makes convenience and flexibility a priority.
Joining our team of healthcare professionals means you’ll be contributing to a locally and nationally recognized institution. UM St. Joseph has been recognized by The Leapfrog Group as a grade ‘A’ hospital and by U.S. News & World Report as #3 in both the state and Baltimore Metro area, making UM St. Joseph the highest-ranking community hospital in Maryland. In addition, we’ve been consistently recognized as a top employer by Baltimore magazine repeatedly.
The perfusionist operates extracorporeal circulation and autotransfusion equipment during any medical situation where it is necessary to support or temporarily replace the patient’s circulatory or respiratory function. The perfusionist is knowledgeable concerning the variety of equipment available to perform extracorporeal circulation functions and is responsible, in consultation with the physician, for selecting the appropriate techniques and equipment to be used.
As a team member at St. Joseph Medical Center, you’ll experience:
A supportive and collaborative work environment
A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, and generous paid time off.
Free Parking & On-Site Fitness Center
Recognition: We have a positive points recognition program designed to reward and recognize our outstanding employees; employees can also recognize their peers
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an approved Perfusion Training program OR a Bachelor’s Degree with certification in perfusion technology (Required)
CERTIFICATION/ LICENSURE/ REGISTRATION:
1. Eligible for Certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (Required)
2. Licensure with the State of Maryland specific as a Perfusionist (Required)
3. Current CPR Certification (Required)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
1. One (1) year of perfusion experience (Preferred)
2. Ability to maintain collaborative, team relationships with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the working group's achievement of goals, and to help foster a positive work environment.