Location: Milwaukee, WI
St. Luke's Medical Center
Aurora St Luke’s Med Ctr –
Milwaukee, WI 53215
Hours / bi-weekly pay period:
Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center is a NATIONAL LEADER in the HEART OF THE MIDWEST. Come join a team built on innovation and excellence. You can trust your heart with us!
We are a team of 13 perfusionists that provide services to 5 surgeons. We are looking to expand our team to 14 perfusionists. The majority of our cases are performed at Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center in Milwaukee, WI. Our Team also supports procedures at our sister hospital Aurora Grafton Medical Center.
Our procedures include CABGs, Valves, Heart Transplants, TAVRs, HIPEC, Angiovac, and ECMO. Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center is one of the clinical sites for the Milwaukee School of Engineering’s Masters in Perfusion Program.
Our Team of Perfusionists Utilize:
• Terumo System 1 with the FX Oxygenator
• Quest Myocardial Protection System with micro-cardioplegia and Del Nido cardioplegia
• Medtronic Autolog cell savers
• TEG 6s
• 35 ECMO cases per year on average
We are proud of what we have accomplished and our contributions in creating today’s standard of treatment.
The future is happening here!
• Aurora was named a Top Workplace for the last five years in a row.
• St. Luke's is nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, and Geriatrics – and recognized as a top performer in 16 different categories.
• Internationally known for expertise in heart care, Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center ranks among the top 10 centers in the world for minimally invasive heart surgery.
• U.S. News & World Report has singled out our services as well, making us 1 of only 26 hospitals in the U.S. to receive “Triple Recognition” for stroke and cardiac patients.
At Aurora we care about YOU! We Offer our Team Members:
• Benefit Packages to meet the needs of you and your family including competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401K, PTO, life insurance, disability, and an employee discount program.
• Flexible scheduling to meet the needs of YOU and YOUR FAMILY
• Career ladder PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
• An opportunity to make a difference in the community while meeting the needs of your family
If you are passionate about providing world-class care & want to be a part of an innovative team that is dedicated to helping YOU and YOUR CAREER, we look forward to hearing from you!
Licenses & Certifications
Perfusionist license issued by the state of Wisconsin.
If new grad, may work under temp license until able to complete certification.
Clinical Perfusionist (CCP) certification issued by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP).
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent knowledge) in Cardiovascular Technology.
Required Functional Experience
Typically requires 3 years of experience in pumping perfusion cases.
We will consider all levels of experience
New graduates are welcome to apply
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Excellent organization and prioritization skills; with a high attention to detail. Demonstrates communication, interpersonal and human relations skills. Excellent patient assessment skills. Demonstrates writing, editing and research skills. Ability to work within stressful situations, and to exercise sound judgment in complex situations. Proficient computer skills including keyboarding, navigation within a windows operating system, and electronic medical records.