Location: Athens, GA
The safe and effective management of extra-corporeal support for the purpose of surgical repairs to the heart and great vessels under the supervision of the Chief Perfusionist.
1. Prepares for Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB).
2. Functions as a competent member of the cardiac team.
3. Safely Conducts CPB.
4. Maintains clinical competency.
5. Documents CPB, QC and test results for ACT among various other records.
6. Participates in equipment maintenance and materials management.
7. Fulfills required annual clinical and/or hospital related competencies
8. Supports Mechanical Circulatory devices, initiating and transporting from outside of the facility when necessary.
9. Performs other duties as required that are within scope of practice and professional license.
BLS required. ACLS preferred.