Location: Rock Island, IL
• Manages extra-corporeal circulation through the use of the heart-lung machine, autotransfusion devices and other associated medical equipment specific to the patient’s physiologic, pathologic and metabolic requirements.
• Enter data into the STS data base.
• Adheres to the Essentials and Guidelines of Perfusion Practice defined by the American Society of Extra-Corporeal Technology.
• Critically evaluates individual patient requirements and responds appropriately to uncommon or emergency situations.
• Complies with CLIA regulations for point of care testing.
• Complies with AABB and institutional guidelines for intra-operative autotransfusion procedures.
• Accepts on-call responsibilities on a rotating basis with other Perfusionists.
• Performs routine maintenance of perfusion equipment as needed
• Participates in continuous improvement activities, team meetings, committees and projects. Collaborates with the Chief Perfusionist in any unusual or uncommon perfusion events that may affect patient care.
• Evaluates individual patient requirements and responds appropriately to uncommon or emergency situations.
• Evaluates environmental safety and provides an environment that is safe based on age and developmental status.
• Regularly attends continuing education seminars to update knowledge and improve skills.
• Supports instructional programs for other health team members related to cardiopulmonary bypass.
• Contributes to cardiovascular perfusion clinical outcomes database.
• Certification by American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP).
• Illinois State Perfusion License.
• Ability to be on call; must live within 60 minutes from the hospital.
• New grads are welcome to apply.