Position: Perfusion Supervisor
Location: Raleigh, NC
UNC REX Healthcare
Performs all Perfusionist duties with additional duties to include but not limited to responsibility for oversite of reporting protocols, call schedule, policies and procedures for Perfusion, inventory, specialists procedures book, QA, all pump essential cables and supplies, cell saver schedules all for quality patient outcomes.
1. Maintains an environment of safety for patient, self, and others.
2. Maintains, cleans, and sets up ECE. All ECE alarms, blood flow sensors, pressure gauges, and pumps must be checked and cleaned on a daily basis. Sterile technique is used when setting up the disposable on each pump(i.e. oxygenator, tubing, arterial filter, cardiotomy, cardioplegia, and sensors).
3. Primes extracorporeal life support (ECLS) circuit and cardioplegia delivery system; adding fluids and drugs to the ECLS circuit and cardioplegia delivery system with proper documentation and checklist filled out; ensuring that there is no air in either system and that that they are the appropriate temperatures.
● Bachelors degree in perfusion technology or applied health specialty.
● Completion of an accredited cardiovascular perfusion training program.
● Perfusionist License through the NC Medical Board
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Four (4) years experience as Perfusionist.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Learn more about job details, responsibilities and requirements on our careers site!