Position: Pediatric Perfusionist
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The CHOP perfusion team was recently awarded the AmSECT Pillar of Excellence award. With patient outcomes that are among the best in the world, the CHOP Cardiac Center is a growing program. At CHOP more than 1000 cardiothoracic surgeries are performed annually including 550-600 open heart procedures.
The Perfusion team has a role in the heart failure and mechanical support programs as well as cardiac ECMO. The Perfusion team of 8 pediatric perfusionists is adding a 9th position to support the N+1 staffing model and to continue to promote work life integration.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania’s largest city, is notable for its rich history, on display at the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and other American Revolutionary sites. In addition to its history, Philadelphia is known for its unique food, cultural sites, beautiful parks, and energetic sports fans. Only a short drive to New York, Washington DC, Baltimore, and the fun beaches of Delaware and New Jersey.
• Must be certified or board-eligible from the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusionists (ABCP).
• Must be licensed Perfusionist or eligible in state of PA.
• This position requires certification of graduation from an accredited school of perfusion.
• A Bachelors of Science in Perfusion or related science is preferred.
• Specific experience in pediatric surgery and ECMO is desired.
• Positive verbal, written, and communication skills.
• Candidates should be professionally driven and looking for opportunity to become involved in projects and continuously improve practice.