Position: Pediatric Perfusionist
Location: Chicago, IL
Advocate Children's Hospital
Staff Pediatric Perfusionist Position at Advocate Children’s Hospital in Chicagoland Area
As part of Advocate Aurora Health Care, Advocate Children’s Hospital is the largest network provider of pediatric services in Illinois. Advocate Children’s Hospital has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the Nation’s Best Children's Hospitals for pediatric cardiology and heart surgery, and many physicians on staff here have been recognized among the Top Doctors regionally and nationally in their field.
To plan, provide, and evaluate quality clinical services related to extra-corporeal circulation (ECC) for pediatric patients requiring cardiac surgery or extra-corporeal life support (ECLS) or any other techniques.
• Provides CPB at Advocate Children’s Hospital-Oak Lawn.
• Rotates call equally with 3 other perfusionist for CPB and ECMO.
• Perform approximately 275 CPB cases/year and 20 ECMOs.
• Utilize S5, 3T, CDI 550, CATS
• POC: GEM, ACT plus, HMS and ROTEM.
• EPIC electronic charting October 2020.
• Pediatric Heart failure program in development.
• Research opportunities available. Collects, enters (redcap), summarizes or analyzes data as directed.
• Actively participates in ECMO rounds, data collection, ECMO staff education and simulations.
• Responsible for maintaining professional standards and self-development.
-Graduate of an accredited perfusion school
-Illinois DPR License Eligibility
-American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion eligibility
-Ability to cover on~call assignment 24~hours per day,
seven days per week
Contact: Apply online