Position: Pediatric Perfusionist
Location: Oak Lawn, IL
Advocate Children’s Hospital is adding a 4th Pediatric Perfusionist to accommodate our growing program.
As part of Advocate Aurora Health Care, Advocate Children’s Hospital is the largest network provider of pediatric services in Illinois and among the top 10 in the nation. Advocate Children’s Hospital serves as a major referral center for infants and children and has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the nation’s leaders in pediatric cardiology and neonatology.
To plan, provide, and evaluate quality clinical services related to extra-corporeal circulation (ECC) for pediatric patients requiring cardiac surgery or extra-corporeal life support (ECLS) or any other techniques.
• Provides CPB at Advocate Children’s Hospital Oak Lawn and Park Ridge campus.
• Rotates call equally with 3 other perfusionist for CPB and ECMO at Advocate Hospitals.
• Perform approximately 275 CPB cases/year and 20 ECMOs.
• Utilize S5, 3T, CDI 550, CATS
• POC: GEM, ACT plus, HMS and ROTEM.
• EPIC electronic charting June 2020.
• Pediatric Heart failure clinic planned for 2020.
• Research opportunities available
Baccalaureate or higher from an accredited perfusion school.
• Responsible for safe conduct of cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) and all related techniques.
• Responsible for assisting the primary perfusionist during CPB, N+1 model
• Performs ancillary tasks or assists in all duties required of the primary perfusionist during the procedure.
• Aids in monitoring of the surgical progression and in expediting communication with the surgical team.
• Collects, enters (redcap), summarizes or analyzes data as directed.
• Actively participates in ECMO rounds, data collection, ECMO staff education and simulations.
• Responsible for maintaining professional standards and self-development.
• Maintains personal education level by reviewing professional literature, attending cath conferences, M and M, CE seminars, national meetings, Advocate classes, and utilizing resources such as the Internet or self-study programs.
• Maintains all certification, credentialing and proficiency required
• Promotes collaboration and close relationship with other departments and disciplines across the Advocate system.