Position: Pediatric Perfusionist
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Description: We're hiring a Pediatric Perfusionist on behalf of Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital (www.Gerties.org), a prominent private JCAHO-accredited pediatric hospital based in Nairobi, Kenya with satellite clinics throughout Kenya. The hospital and its associated clinics provide international-quality patient-centered care and is the only children’s hospital in East Africa.
The Perfusionist will have two main areas of responsibility. One will be to provide clinical perfusionist care as part of a cardiac surgery team performing a variety of open heart surgeries and cath lab procedures on children. The other main area of responsibility will be to set up and lead a pediatric perfusionist training program. The program will be the first pediatric perfusionist training program in East Africa and the person who launches this program will have the opportunity to shape the perfusion field in East Africa.
Candidates must be able to commit to one year or two years, with extension of the contract available.
- Candidates must have completed a recognized perfusion education program and must be in good standing with the perfusion regulatory board where he or she is currently practicing.
- At least 2-3 years of experience as a perfusionist. The ideal candidate would have experience in pediatric perfusion and in teaching.
- Excellent soft skills, including communication, interpersonal skills, and team-building skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English skills.
- Good computer skills, preferably with experience with electronic medical records.
- The client will offer an attractive salary and benefits package including housing and assistance to settle in Nairobi, Kenya.