Position: Pediatric Perfusionist
Location: Miami, FL
Description: Provides perfusion coverage for all open heart procedures, stand by on all closed heart procedures, and stand by for the Cardiac Cath Lab. Available for ECMO start-up and trouble shooting and CPS. Acts as educator in areas when needed.
Some job responsibilities include:
- Provide perfusion coverage per perfusion policy & guidelines for all open heart procedures, stand by on all closed heart procedures, & stand by for the Cardiac Cath Lab.
- Available for Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) start-up and trouble shooting and Cardiopulmonary support (CPS).
- Assists in submitting data for yearly departmental capital and operating budget process to secure updated equipment.
- Calculates and administers medications to patient per the perfusion drug administration policy.
- Completes patient assessment and documents appropriately on perfusion record; completes appropriate records during operative procedures utilizing the pre-bypass checklist.
- Coordinates and participates in the training of students, staff, and peers.
Requirements: - Bachelor's Degree Graduate from an accredited perfusion school of Science in perfusion technology or equivalent degree
- CPR BLS -American Heart Association BLS American Heart Association (AHA) BLS - must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
- OTHER Eligible to sit for national boards or actively pursuing certification (CCP), if not already certified