Position: Experienced Perfusionist
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Description: Has your experience offered you the opportunity to really challenge yourself? Are you familiar with the rewards of being driven to consistently improve? If you answered yes to one or both of the previous questions, we are interested in talking to you. Our progressive, all-adult practice is expanding and in need of adding a staff position. We conduct approximately 550-600 cardiac cases per year, and we are seeking those who expect the best from themselves and their colleagues. You will have the opportunity participate in both routine and complex valve procedures, aortic and thoracic work, CABGs, Angiovac, Impella, Centrimag ECMO, TAVR stand by and occasional VADs, but no transplants. We use S5 HLMs with electronic charting, CDI500/550, NIRS, HMS and platelet gel on every pump case. We strive each day to be respectful, flexible and innovative, keeping patient safety at the forefront and using evidenced based practices as our guide. We encourage and support clinical research. Our metrics are outcomes-driven and we are eager to see what you bring to the table.
Requirements: Evaluate cardiopulmonary status and other relative factors of patients in order to determine appropriate plan.
• Formulate a case plan for identified pathophysiological problems associated with the patient.
• Adapt to changes in patient’s status and formulates plan of action.
• Document assessments on electronic operative record.
• Communicate assessment with all persons involved in patient’s care.
• Prepare operating room and cardiopulmonary bypass machine for the surgical procedure.
• Develop short and long term goals to provide continuity of patient care.
• Exercise safe judgement in decision making.
• Sufficient knowledge of Cardiac Service/Surgical Service Line.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.