Position: Clinical Perfusionist
Location: San Antonio, TX
An excellent opportunity exists to work for a government contractor with competitive compensation and work-life balance. Posterity Group is seeking for 2 professional, experienced Clinical Board Cardiac Perfusionist with a Certification in Autotransfusion and 1 Board Certified Surgical First Assistant Certified to perform Conduit Harvesting. Join one of the leading providers of services to loyal veterans who have served our country.
South Texas Veterans Health Care System, Audie L. Murphy VA Medical Center.
7400 Merton Minter Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78229
Role and Responsibilities:
• Ideal candidate must be a motivated self-starter with great attention to detail and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Provide qualified Clinical Perfusion and/ or Autotransfusion for the Open-Heart Surgery Program services to Veterans. Provides patient care in support, treatment, measurement or supplementation of circulatory system during cardiopulmonary surgical procedures.
• Support the physiological and metabolic needs of the surgical patient so that the surgeon may operate on a still non-beating heart.
• Utilization of the heart-lung machine, as well as its associated components of an oxygenator, filters, reservoirs, and tubing
• Responsible for the circulatory and respiratory functions of the heart-lung machine.
Qualifications and Education:
• Completion of an accredited Allied Health Education Program School of Perfusion Technology program.
• Current certification as a Clinical Perfusionist as recognized by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP)
• Must have a minimum of at least two (2) years’ experience as a Clinical Perfusionist
• Experience shall be demonstrated in the following areas: Open heart surgery, autotransfusion, heart-lung machine, membrane oxygenation, left/right heart bypass, intra-aortic balloon pumping and centrifugal ventricular assist device.