Position: Clinical Perfusionist
Location: Birmingham, AL
Birmingham VA Medical Center
700 19th Street S
Birmingham, Alabama 35233
Description: Excellent opportunity exist to work for a government contractor with competitive compensation and work-life balance. Posterity Group is seeking a professional, experienced Clinical Perfusionist and Assistant Perfusionist. Join one of the leading providers of services to loyal veterans who have served our country.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ideal candidate must be a motivated self-starter with great attention to detail and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Provide qualified Clinical Perfusion and/ or Auto transfusion services to Veterans. Provides patient care in support, treatment, measurement or supplementation of circulatory system during cardiopulmonary surgical procedures.
- Support the physiological and metabolic needs of the surgical patient so that the surgeon may operate on a still non-beating heart.
- Utilization of the heart-lung machine, as well as its associated components of an oxygenator, filters, reservoirs, and tubing.
- Responsible for the circulatory and respiratory functions of the heart-lung machine.
- Completion of an accredited Allied Health Education Program School of Perfusion Technology program.
- Current certification as a clinical perfusionist as recognized by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP).
- Must have a minimum of at least two (2) years experience as a Clinical Perfusionist.
- Experience shall be demonstrated in the following areas: Open heart surgery, autotransfusion, heart lung machine, membrane oxygenation, left/right heart bypass, intra-aortic balloon pumping and centrifugal ventricular assist device.
Contact: Phone: (301) 232-5675 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org