Position: Cardiovascular Staff Perfusionist
Location: Boston, MA
Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, MA has an opportunity to join a team of 15 Perfusionists and 3 Specialists. This position offers professional growth and encouragement to pursue interests across the realm of Perfusion. The MGH Cardiac Surgeons are innovators and world-renowned legends in the field. Our Chief of Cardiac Surgery is an advocate for teamwork, effective communication and safety and the service functions with these tenets at the core of its values.
The MGH Perfusion service provides support across several clinical programs including:
• CPB for pulmonary thromboendarterectomy with DHCA, complex ascending/arch/descending aortic reconstruction and adult congenital surgeries.
• Hospital-wide support of short term and durable VADs.
• Intra-operative support for heart, lung and liver transplant including an ex-vivo transport system.
• Primary responsibility for ECMO management solely in the operating room setting.
• Clinical education rotation site for three perfusion programs.
• Four levels of on call duties split evenly over the team.
QualificationsThis position offers tremendous opportunities to develop a diverse clinical acumen while participating as a clinician across the spectrum of our profession. Candidates must be American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP) certified or eligible for ABCP certification at the time of employment. The ideal candidate for the Cardiovascular Staff Perfusionist position will be a team player with solid clinical skills and intellectual curiosity. MGH offers excellent benefits, competitive compensation and an opportunity for meaningful career development at a historically significant and progressive hospital with a true sense of teamwork and pride.