Position: Cardiovascular Perfusionist
Come join our team at the Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute in Edmonton, which is a world leader in complex cardiac care and surgery.
As a Cardiovascular Perfusionist I, you will collaborate closely with our team of highly skilled cardiovascular anesthesiologists, cardiovascular surgeons, cardiac care professionals, researchers, and educators. Our team is incredibly dynamic and intertwined, providing professional support to one another and understand the magnitude of the work that we do.
This position offers you the unique opportunity to work with adult and pediatric programs, as well as to work on the most unique and complex cases.
You will have unlimited growth opportunities working in a department that has unparalleled innovations in the operating room. You'll be able to work with newer, cutting edge technologies and work with a team dedicated to continual learning and developing best practices as industry leaders.
• Completion of an accredited Cardiovascular Perfusion training program.
• Active or eligible for registration with Canadian Society of Clinical Perfusion (CSCP).
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support - Health Care Providers (BCLS-HCP).
Additional Required Qualifications:
• Canadian Society of Clinical Perfusion (CSCP) Certification (CPC) within two years of start date is required, however, in lieu of such American Board (ABCP) Certification (CCP) may be considered.
• Continuing education and maintenance of C.S.C.P educational credits are required.
• Previous experience with pediatric procedures.
• Experience with heart and lung transplants.
• Experience conducting ex vivo lung perfusion.
• Experience doing charting with ConnectCare (EPIC).
• Experience with research participation.