Position: Cardiovascular Perfusionist
Location: New York, NY
1. Consults with the physician for the selection of the most appropriate equipment and techniques needed for the surgery.
2. Delivers various types of blood products, anesthetic agents or medications and controls the temperature of patients during surgery.
3. Monitors patients’ physiological functions during surgery and in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU) such as anticoagulation, blood-gas composition, electrolytes and blood collection and processing.
4. Responds to on-call notification for open heart surgical emergencies in the operating room, Intensive Care Unit, Cardiothoracic Laboratory or other areas of the hospital.
5. Makes recommendations for the purchase of new equipment. Maintains an up-to-date inventory and orders supplies as needed
Bachelor’s Degree in Perfusion Technology or Bachelor Degree with a License and Certification in Perfusion Technology from an accredited cardiovascular perfusion education program.
NYS License and Certification as a Perfusionist by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion required (those who do not will require it within one year of date of hire).
0-1 year as Perfusionist (inclusive of clinical rotations)