UI Heart and Vascular Center
This position will provide quality clinical perfusion services for adult and pediatric patients during cardiothoracic surgeries, VADs, heart/lung transplants, liver transplants, and mechanical support services. Additionally, the incumbent will provide regional perfusion for cancer chemotherapy, and administer emergency cardiac and other perfusion procedures including ECMO.
For full details and to apply online search requisition #69091 at http://jobs.uiowa.edu/.
Selection process will include credential verification, TB screening & background check. The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity I affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- A Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline or an equivalent combination of experience and education is required.
- Completion and graduation from CAAHEP accredited school of cardiovascular perfusion required.
- Certified or certification-eligible by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion. Certification must be achieved within 12 months of start date.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) required by start date.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and problem-solving skills associated with job duties/responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to respond to on-call requirements within 30 minutes.
- Experience with transplant and VAD desired.
- Experience with pediatric perfusion desired.
- Previous experience in an academic medical setting desired.
- Some knowledge of University policies and procedures desired.