Position Title: Cardiopulmonary Perfusionist
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Description: The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) brings a synergy between the best medical education, research and patient care. Tomorrow’s discoveries happen right here alongside the very people who bring those lessons to our students. Every bit of knowledge, and every advancement, provides our students with an unprecedented, collaborative learning environment, and helps improve the vitality and care of our communities.
In the role of Cardiopulmonary Perfusionist you will be working in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. As a perfusionist you will prepare and operate Extra-Corporeal equipment including VADs and ECMO for a variety of clinical procedures including heart, lung and liver transplant, and regional chemotherapy including; isolated limb and liver perfusion as well as HIPEC procedures. Provide necessary support and assistance to the surgical team as it relates to these procedures.
• Set up, prime and operate appropriate extra-corporeal equipment for use in operating room.
• Operate and maintain the extra-corporeal equipment and circuit during clinical procedures.
• Administer blood, heparin, anesthetics and other pharmacological agents into the extra-corporeal circuit during clinical procedures under the direct supervision of the attending physicians.
• Draw blood and other samples from the extra-corporeal circuit as requested by attending physicians.
• Monitor patient status during surgery, maintain all appropriate documents, and keep surgical team informed.
• Consult with surgeon regarding unusual, abnormal, or life-threatening conditions and take appropriate action during surgery.
• Ensure equipment is clean, properly maintained and is stored in good working order, and that an adequate supply of necessary disposable items is readily available.
• Transport extra-corporeal equipment to other areas of the hospital as necessary and maintain appropriate records regarding this activity.
• Assemble, prime, prepare and operate various “CPS/ECMO” systems.
• Evaluate and recommend purchase of equipment.
• Assist or train appropriate personnel in regard to monitoring and life support systems used outside the operating room.
• Provide expertise to investigators during research activities involving open heart surgery.
Requirements: Appropriate experience may be substituted for education on an equivalent basis
Minimum Required Education: Associate degree in cardiopulmonary perfusion
Minimum Required Experience: Previous cardiopulmonary perfusion experience preferred.
Contact Information: https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_medcollegewi/external_staff/gateway.do?functionName=viewFromLink&jobPostId=26014&localeCode=en-us
Posted: Wednesday, November 2, 2022