PWOB Student Scholarship • SpecialtyCare Medical Mission Fund
Charitable Organizations • Vendors
Perfusion Without Borders is a subcommittee of AmSECT which promotes cardiac surgery missions as an extra-vocational opportunity for professional cardiovascular perfusionists and perfusion students.
The PWOB committee seeks to create opportunities for the exchange of equipment, information, and techniques and to facilitate volunteer opportunities for perfusionists to give back to the global community.
Here you will find several services as a benefit to our perfusion membership, including a list of interested perfusion volunteers, a list of charitable cardiac surgical groups, and an annual $3,000 student scholarship to cover travel expenses on an upcoming cardiac mission.
"We have had students participate in this program in the past and it has proven to be an excellent experience for them. Getting the chance to pump or observe in an environment where you have to think on your feet and make do with what you have is invaluable in my opinion. I fully support (the) decision to take time... to pursue this excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth."
-Thomas Rath MPS CCP
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Perfusion Technology Education Program
- Scott Snider, Chairman, CardioStart International IMC Chair
- Brian C. Forsberg, Chief Perfusionist, and Co-Founder, The William Novick Global Cardiac Alliance
- Molly Oldeen, MS CCP FPP, Open Hearts International Volunteer
- Jordan Voss, BS, BS, MPS, CCP, FPP, International Children's Heart Foundation and Gift of Life International Volunteer
- Whitt Behr, CCP, CardioStart International Volunteer
For more information on this committee or to submit a question for the committee, please email AmSECT at email@example.com