The ELSO Liaison shall promote the science of Extra-Corporeal Life Support (E.C.L.S.) in the perfusion community by maintaining an active role in the collaborative efforts of both AmSECT and ELSO (Extra-Corporeal Life Support Organization). The ELSO Liaison is integral in establishing and maintaining all levels of communication between the steering committee/leaders of ELSO and the Board of Directors of AmSECT.
- The ELSO Liaison is appointed by the president of AmSECT. There are no limits to the term.
- The ELSO Liaison should have clinical experience with ECLS in the neonatal, pediatric and adult patient populations.
- Strive to maintain positive working relationships with the leaders of the ELSO community.
- Provide consultation and support to disputes occurring between ECMO clinicians and perfusionists. These conflicts may be realized nationally, regionally or within an institution.
- Participate in the planning of the combined AmSECT pediatric / ELSO meeting as well as other ELSO meetings when the opportunity is afforded.
- The ELSO Liaison should stimulate meeting participation by presenting at conferences relative to ECMO and ECMO-related therapies. Further, such presentations should also be utilized to introduce new technologies and procedural changes.
- The ELSO Liaison shall maintain a seat on the ELSO Steering Committee by attending the designated steering committee conferences.
- Work closely with the appointed AmSECT Board of Director Advocate to submit communications and requests to the Board.
- Submit a bi-annual report to the Board of Directors a minimum of 30 days in advance of the spring and fall Board meetings, generally by March 1 and September 1 of each year. The September report should include the committee budget and request for approval of any expenses that the committee is expected to incur in the coming fiscal year.