Advocate Christ Medical Center is part of Advocate Health Care, one of the nation’s leading health care networks. A not-for-profit, 749-bed, premier teaching institution with more than 1,200 affiliated physicians, Christ Medical Center is one of the major referral hospitals in the Midwest for a number of specialties, including cancer care; cardiovascular services; heart, kidney and lung transplantation; neurosciences; orthopedics; and women’s health. The hospital provides emergency care for more than 100,000 patient visits annually and has one of the busiest Level I trauma centers in Illinois.
Advocate Children’s Hospital is a 3 Star STS Pediatric Open Heart Program.
To plan, provide, and evaluate quality clinical services related to extra-corporeal circulation (ECC) for pediatric patients requiring cardiac surgery or extra-corporeal life support (ECLS) or any other techniques deemed necessary or beneficial.
- Responsible for safe conduct of cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) and all related techniques.
- Responsible for assisting the primary perfusionist during CPB.
- Performs ancillary tasks or assists in all duties required of the primary perfusionist.
- Remains available during the procedure as a resource, back-up, and helper for the primary perfusionist.
- Aids in troubleshooting and problem solving during the procedure.
- Consults with the primary perfusionist as needed.
- Aids in monitoring of the surgical progression and in expediting communication with the surgical team.
- Assists during the procedure by running samples, obtaining or preparing drugs, charting, time tracking, monitoring of patient and equipment parameters or relieving the primary perfusionist as needed.
- POC: ACT, HMS, GEM and TEG
- Handles incoming calls or unusual equipment requests so as to eliminate distractions for the primary perfusionist.
- Collects, enters, summarizes or analyzes data as directed.
- Responsible for maintaining professional standards and self-development.
- Maintains personal education level by reviewing professional literature, attending cath conferences, M and M, CE seminars, national meetings, Advocate classes, and utilizing resources such as the Internet or self-study programs
- Maintains all certification, credentialing and proficiency required (ABCP, IDPR, CPR, blood gas analysis, ACT, etc.).
- Promotes collaboration and close relationship with other departments and hospitals of the Advocate system.
Previous Pediatric experience preferred
Please forward CV to Cindy Urbas, Chief Pediatric Perfusionist
Or apply online: