UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA HEALTH SCIENCES CENTER
CHIEF OF PEDIATRIC PERFUSION
The Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery at the University of Oklahoma, College of Medicine is seeking candidates for the Chief of Pediatric Perfusion. This is a faculty position with an excellent salary and generous benefits package at the rank of Clinical Instructor with room for academic development. The candidate must be board certified with the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion and eligible for an Oklahoma state license.
Candidates must have a commitment to academic surgery. Six to ten years’ experience in pediatric perfusion is preferred. The Chief Perfusionist is responsible for the oversight of the pediatric perfusion department. The clinical responsibilities are at OU Medical Center. Master’s degree preferred, bachelor’s degree required.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide oversite and leadership of the pediatric perfusion department
- Collegially interact with other departments in optimizing patient care
- Responsible for ensuring adequate staffing and technical support for regular and emergency cases requiring perfusion services
- Appropriately communicate with open-heart team personnel during procedures
- Research and implement best practices as perfusion technologies evolve
- Provide pediatric and adult congenital CPB and open heart cell salvage
- Provide neonatal and pediatric ECMO services
- Provide call coverage for emergent open heart cases and emergent ECMO split between the pediatric perfusion team members
- Care and maintenance of pumps and ancillary equipment in conjunction with Biomed
- Attend continuing education classes/conferences for professional growth
- Assist with research and practice improvement projects.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate equipment and supplies are available for all types of open heart procedures.
- Proactively monitors key performance indicators and makes real-time adjustments to ensure goal accomplishment.
- Foster a learning environment by developing staff through mentoring, continued education, and providing opportunities to learn new skills; develops wet labs and simulation training for ECMO specialist and perfusion peers; serve as a valuable resource to non-perfusion staff in learning about and troubleshooting the mechanical support.
- Other hospital committees and duties as assigned by Division Chief of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery.
To apply, send, fax or email curriculum vitae to:
Harold M. Burkhart, MD
Professor and Chief, Division of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
800 Stanton L. Young Blvd., Suite 9000
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Email: [login to unmask email]
Phone: 405 651-1800
“The University of Oklahoma is an EO/AA Institution http://www.ou.edu/eoo/ . Individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.”
Jenny Dobner[AmSECT Staff and Support] @ Dec 14, 2017 - 10:27 AM (America/Central)