In this Section
- Code of Ethics
- Scope of Practice
- Standards and Guidelines
- Perfusion Practice (2017)
- Mechanical Support (2017)
- Clinical Practice Guidelines
Anticoagulation Guidelines (2018)
- STS/SCA/AmSECT Temperature Guidelines (2015)
-STS/SCA/AmSECT Inflammatory Response (2014)
-STS/SCA/AmSECT Blood Conservation Guidelines (2011)
- Perfusion Without Borders
- Perfusion Checklist
- Pump Templates
Society of Thoracic Surgeons, The Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists, and the American Society of ExtraCorporeal Technology: Clinical Practice Guidelines-- Anticoagulation During Cardiopulmonary Bypass (1/19/2018)
STS, SCA, and AmSECT have released new clinical practice guidelines; the new guidelines include recommendations for the use of blood thinning medication (anticoagulants) during heart surgery.
The new clinical practice guidelines offer evidence-based recommendations that include:
• Optimal heparin dosing for initiation and maintenance of cardiopulmonary bypass;
• Identification of contraindications to the use of heparin;
• Options for alternatives to heparin; and
• Ideal methods for reversal of anticoagulation after CPB.
These guidelines will be also be published in each organization's respective publications. The guidelines will be included in the March Issue (Vol 50, Issue 1) of the Journal of ExtraCorporeal Technology. Click here for more information on JECT.
Members of AmSECT receive access to both digital and physical copies of JECT.