Position: Supervisor - Pediatric ECMO
Location: Dallas, TX - Medical City Children's Hospital
- Responsible for the direction, coordination, management, and planning of the children’s ECLS program (supervision of the ECLS team, training and continuing education, equipment maintenance, quality assurance, policy and procedure development, data collection, clinical resource for the ECLS team as well as medical staff, determine and maintain team competencies, identify staff needs, long term patient follow-up, maintain ELSO registry and Center of Excellence Designation requirements and hands on direct patient care.
- Works under the direction of the Surgical Director, Medical Director, Pediatric Perfusion, and Manager of the Congenital Heart Surgery Program. Collaborates with CHSU, NICU, & PICU Nurse Managers and Respiratory Manager for the educational needs of the staff in caring for ECLS patients including coordinating core ECLS core curriculum content and courses.
- Serves in the role of educator to various groups regarding services rendered and care for patients requiring ECLS within the congenital heart surgery unit and throughout the organization. Other duties as assigned.
- The Supervisor will assist the manager in planning, organization, direction, and coordination of the clinical and management activities of Congenital Heart Program including, but not limited to:
- Payroll, productivity reports, employee counseling, interviewing, performance appraisal, personnel files, occurrence reports/investigations and special initiatives for all department personnel.
- Coach to ECLS team members and ancillary departments associated with the Congenital Heart Program serve in support position to program manager.
- Create specialist assignments based on verified competency and in conjunction with department supervisor and manager.
- Support the development, implementation and revision of policies and procedures.
- Manage human and material resources. Oversees department capital equipment and supplies (for ECMO)
- Assist as the clinical resource for ECMO specific equipment.
- Support staffing requirements and be available by phone and email, as assigned.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- BSN, Graduate from an accredited school for Respiratory Care recognized by the NBRC, or Bachelor’s degree required in an allied health field or equivalent with a strong science background and advanced training in circulation technology from a CAHEP accredited program.
- Three or more years of previous critical care/ congenital heart surgery/ECMO Experience
- Licensure/Certification Required:
- Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact license, credentialed as RRT or RPFT by NBRC & Licensed by the Texas Department of Health as a Respiratory Care Practitioner, or certified by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion and/or the Internal Board of Clinical Technologies & Licensed Perfusionist by the Texas Department of Health
- Current American Heart Association BLS provider
Contact: Amy Trillo at 972-310-7791 or firstname.lastname@example.org