Position: Staff Perfusionist
Location: Evanston, IL
We are currently seeking a Staff Perfusionist for our Perfusion department located at Evanston Hospital in Evanston, Illinois. This is a full-time position and is benefits eligible. Hours are on a rotating shift basis. Work may be at any of the four NorthShore University HealthSystem hospitals: Evanston, Skokie, Glenbrook, and Highland Park.
In this role, you will:
• Perform functions necessary for the support, treatment, measurement or supplementation of the cardiopulmonary and circulatory system of the patient including: counterpulsation, circulatory support ventricular assistance, blood conservation/autotransfusion, myocardial preservation, anticoagulation and hematologic monitoring, induction of hypothermia with reversal, hemodilution and other associated duties.
• Create and modify existing techniques to accommodate complex cardiac procedures such as LVAD, DHCA, ECMO, or bridge-to-transplant
• Engage in rapid, critical decision-making to meet the needs of individual patients
• Provide advice and counsel to medical, professional, and technical colleagues on issued related to perfusion
• Graduate of an accredited Perfusion program
• Certified by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion and licensed by the State of Illinois
• CPR certification