Position: Staff Perfusionist
Location: Texoma Region, TX
Description: Come join the Comprehensive Care Services, Inc. team! We are looking for an experienced Staff Perfusionist with 3+ years’ experience, but willing to hire a new graduate if you are the right person. Will perform procedures relative to the physiological management of patients’ circulatory and respiratory functions during and following cardiac surgery, under the direct supervision of the anesthesiologist and operating surgeon. Must be willing to work flexible schedules. Qualified candidates must demonstrate professional, well-developed interpersonal communication skills while interacting with nursing staff, health care team members, patients and families. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Prepares and operates the heart-lung machine during open heart surgery, including the determination and calculation of bypass requirements for each patient.
2. Monitors equipment closely during surgery for any change in patient’s condition and informs physician(s) immediately of change.
3. Assesses patient for metabolic and respiratory abnormalities during cardiopulmonary bypass and initiates treatment.
4. Provides and/or directs the provision of autotransfusion services, blood gas analysis, activated clotting times, heparin assay analysis, dialysis and mechanical circulatory support.
5. Operates and/or directs the operation of the intra-aortic balloon pump during and after insertion.
6. Correlates and records data obtained during the surgical procedure; including participation in the maintenance of departmental records, reports and charts.
7. Provides perfusion back-up services in the course of Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty as requested by the physician.
Comprehensive Care Services is certified by the Joint Commission and provides superior perfusion and autotransfusion services. We employ highly skilled board certified or board eligible perfusionists in addition to providing informatics, data and quality management, point of care testing, blood conservation programs, hardware and inventory management solutions to our client medical centers throughout North America. We are focused on superior patient care and outcomes, client relations and the retention of our professionals.
Requirements: Graduate of accredited perfusion program. Evidence of commitment to continued education and self-development. Orientation to duties to be accomplished within six months. Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills and communication skills necessary to interact in a professional manner with nursing staff, health care team members, patients and their families.
Current certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusionists. If new grad, opportunity to acquire certification within 12 months from date of hire.