Position: Staff Perfusionist
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Description: If you like using S5 HLMs with electronic gas blenders and Connect data management, HMS for heparin titration, NIRS and Angel PRP on every case, Boehringer Engelheim VAVD/WAG scavenging system, CardioHelp for the occasional ECMO initiation, Haemonetics CS Elite for ATS, having access to a well-equipped simulation lab, as well as working with a forward thinking and equitable group of perfusion professionals, we would like you to consider coming to work with us. You will be the 5th Perfusionist in a group that works in approximately 550 CPB cases/year with approximately 60 stand-by cases in the hybrid room.
• Evaluate cardiopulmonary status and other relative factors of patients in order to determine appropriate plan.
• Formulate a case plan for identified pathophysiological problems associated with the patient.
• Adapt to changes in patient’s status and formulates plan of action.
• Document assessments on operative record.
• Communicate assessment with all persons involved in patient’s care.
• Prepare operating room and cardiopulmonary bypass machine for the surgical procedure.
• Develop short and long term goals to provide continuity of patient care.
• Exercise safe judgement in decision making.
• Sufficient knowledge of Cardiac Service/Surgical Service Line.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Strong customer service skills.
Contact: This is a newly created position and for more information, please contact the Franciscan Health Recruiting Team at APPLY@FRANCISCANALLIANCE.ORG. Visit us at https://jobs.franciscanhealth.org/search/?searchby=distance&q=perfusionist&geolocation=&d=10&lat=&lo