Position: Staff Perfusionist
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Description: Come join the Comprehensive Care Services, Inc. team! We are looking for experienced Staff Perfusionists with at least 3-5 years experience and supervisory/leadership skills. Must be willing to work flexible schedules. Qualified candidates must demonstrate professional, well-developed interpersonal communication skills while interacting with nursing staff, health care team members, patients and families. Relocation reimbursement may be available to qualified candidates. We offer a competitive salary with the opportunity for you to bonus annually. We also offer Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance plans for you and your dependents. 401K, STD, and LTD. are available to the selected candidate with buy up options for STD.
JOB PURPOSE AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs procedures relative to the physiological management of patients’ circulatory and respiratory functions during and following cardiac surgery, under the direct supervision of the anesthesiologist and operating surgeon.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepares and operates the heart-lung machine during open heart surgery, including the determination and calculation of bypass requirements for each patient.
- Monitors equipment closely during surgery for any change in patient’s condition and informs physician(s) immediately of change.
- Assesses patient for metabolic and respiratory abnormalities during cardiopulmonary bypass and initiates treatment.
- Provides and/or directs the provision of autotransfusion services, blood gas analysis, activated clotting times, heparin assay analysis, dialysis and mechanical circulatory support.
- Coordinates skills of various departments involved in providing comprehensive care of the cardiac surgical patient during perfusion, including blood bank and patient chemistry.
- Operates and/or directs the operation of the intra-aortic balloon pump during and after insertion.
- Correlates and records data obtained during the surgical procedure; including participation in the maintenance of departmental records, reports and charts.
- Provides autotransfusion services during non-open heart procedures at the request of the attending physician.
- Provides perfusion back-up services in the course of Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty as requested by the physician.
With an average temperature of 74 degrees, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida is the place to be. It offers an exciting Florida lifestyle with lush, tropical ambiance. Located in northern Palm Beach County, you have access to art and cultural opportunities, day spas, resorts, and the finest stores for your shopping enjoyment.
Requirements: Graduate of accredited perfusion program. Evidence of commitment to continued education and self development. Orientation to duties to be accomplished within six months. Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills and communication skills necessary to interact in a professional manner with nursing staff, health care team members, patients and their families.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusionists. If new grad, opportunity to acquire certification within 12 months from date of hire.