Position: Adult Perfusionist
Location: Dallas, TX
Applies and provides quality circulatory and extracorporeal technology techniques in the OR and throughout the organization for patient care. This technology includes but is not limited to: cardiopulmonary bypass; autologous blood recovery/blood conservation, platelet gel, ventricular support; left heart bypass; intra-aortic balloon pumping; cardiopulmonary assist; extra¬ corporeal membrane oxygenation; counter pulsation; myocardial preservation; anticoagulation and hematologic monitoring/analysis; induction of hyper/hypothermia with reversal; hem dilution; hemofiltration; administration of medications, blood components and anesthetic agents via the extracorporeal circuit; organ preservation, and surgical assisting.
• Bachelor’s degree required in an allied health program with a strong science background and advanced training in circulation technology from a CAHEP accredited program or Graduate of Perfusion Training program prior to 1980.
• Certified by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion and/or the Internal Board of Clinical Technologies (completed within 1 year of hire - new graduates)
• Licensed Perfusionist by the Texas Dept. of Health (completed within 1 year of hire- new graduates)
• Current American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) provider
• Advanced principles and techniques of circulation technology.
• Must possess exceptional critical thinking skills and deal with extreme pressure and stress