Position: Program Director – MS Cardiovascular Perfusion Program
Location: Highland Heights, KY (Greater Cincinnati)
The Program Director for the MS Cardiovascular Perfusion Program reports directly to the Dean of the College of Health and Human Services during the formative stages of the program and is entrusted with the leadership and managerial authority of the program. The Program Director is accountable for program administration, curricular leadership, management, mentorship, and oversight of program faculty and staff (including professional development and assignment of university and community service activities). The Program Director is responsible for working collaboratively to orient and mentor clinical faculty while mentoring and advising students matriculating through the program. The Program Director participates in institutional planning, curriculum design and review, and other appropriate governance roles within the framework of the College. As an educational leader, the Program Director works collaboratively with the Dean/School Director to provide support for viability, quality, legal and professional compliance of the specialty.
• Commitment to the mission of NKU, College of Health and Human Services, and Program.
• Meet the requirements for a Perfusion Education Program director as set forth in the Essentials and Guidelines: Perfusion Education accepted by the AC-PE
• Experimentally qualified to lead the program.
• Highly developed interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to create and maintain collegial relationships with internal and external team members.
• Effective supervisory skills including performance management and hiring.
• Advanced scholarship and evidence-based practice expertise.
• Master's degree from an accredited institution recognized by the US Secretary of Education at the time the degree was conferred.
• Formal education in curriculum, evaluation, and instruction.
• Knowledge of environmental issues that influence the program and profession.
• Active engagement in professional organizations.
• Prior experience in teaching and leadership of a cardiovascular perfusion program.
• Minimum of five (5) years clinical-related experience. Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.