Position: Perfusionist Opportunity in Southern California
Location: Loma Linda, CA
Description: Loma Linda University Faculty Medical Group, Department of Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery is seeking a Perfusionist to join our team.
- Reviews patient medical history, consults with surgeon or anesthesiologist, and obtains necessary information to set up heart-lung machine and related equipment.
- Prepares and tests equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Completes American Society of Extra-Corporeal Technology (AMSECT) pre-bypass checklist before surgery. Documents perfusion procedure and patient parameters.
- Operates heart-lung machine to divert patient’s blood and circulate it outside the body, to administer drugs and anesthetic agents through the cardiopulmonary bypass circuit, and to control body temperature during surgery or respiratory failure for myocardial protection.
- Monitors and observes operation of heart-lung machine and patient’s physiological variables such as blood temperature, blood composition, and flow rate and adjusts equipment to maintain normal body functions.
- Takes corrective action when abnormal situations arise, and keeps surgeon and anesthesiologist fully informed about patient’s condition at all times.
- Operates other mechanical devices to assist in the conservation of blood and blood products during surgery.
- Cleans, adjusts, and maintains heart-lung machine in proper functioning condition at all times.
- Delivers controlled cardioplegia. Demonstrates knowledge and skill necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served, within the Clinical Perfusionist Scope of Practice.
- Complies with all applicable statutes, rules, and regulations, policies and procedures, and ethical standards.
- Ensures adequate supplies are maintained. Orders supplies, as needed
- Available to be on-call and travel as scheduled.
* This is not a J1 position.
Requirements: Certified by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion or Certification eligible with Board Certification within 6 months of employment. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Contact: Darren Thomas - Physician Recruitment Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.socaldocs.com