Location: Madison, WI
- Perform procedures at three interconnected institutions – University Hospital, William Middleton Veterans and American Family Children’s Hospital
- Support a wide range of procedures and duties which include adult, pediatric and neonatal patients
- Join a department that’s dedicated to a team and system-wide approach to patient care
- Clinical knowledge of the process for providing CPB for adult cardiac surgical procedures including; coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), valve replacements, and aortic aneurysm repairs
- Clinical knowledge of the process for providing CPB for ventricular assist device implantation, and congenital pediatric procedures
- Familiarity with techniques of IABP, intraoperative autotransfusion and management of ECMO and LVAD/RVAD
- Ability to provide identified technical skills to patients of all ages including: neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric
Three (3) years of post-training clinical experience providing CPB for adult cardiac surgical procedures including; coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), valve replacements, and aortic aneurysm repairs preferred. Experience in providing CPB for cardiac transplantation, ventricular assist device implantation, and congenital pediatric procedures preferred.
Minimum – Bachelor’s degree, graduate of an accredited University based perfusion program
Preferred – Master’s degree
Certified or certification eligible Clinical Perfusionist (CCP) as recognized by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP). State of Wisconsin Licensure as a Perfusionist or obtain within six months of hire date
Physical Requirements: Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Even though the weight lifted may only be a negligible amount, a job is in this category when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree. The ability to work long hours remaining alert and attentive to the duties at hand.
Work Schedule: 1.0 FTE, Day Shift
Participation in on call rotation is required for evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. A thirty minute response time is required for all call back situations.
American Family Children’s Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin—also a Magnet®-designated facility—provides specialized care in a healing environment designed especially for pediatric patients and their families. American Family Children’s Hospital is a comprehensive pediatric medical and surgical center ranked among the top 50 children’s hospitals in six medical and surgical specialties, with nationally recognized pediatric specialists in a wide range of fields. It is also home to our Level One Pediatric Trauma Center and Level IV NICU, which cares for the tiniest patients throughout Wisconsin and beyond.