Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Department - OR
- Requisition #63569
- 80 hours/pay period (bi-weekly)
- Shift - Flex
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Operates extracorporeal circulation equipment to provide extracorporeal circulation and cardiopulmonary support.
- Performs assembly, calibration, maintenance, and cleaning of perfusion equipment and circuits
- Provides and documents clinical perfusion care in connection with a variety of surgical and non-surgical procedures, including cardiopulmonary support or bypass, autotransfusion, adult and pediatric extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), ventricular assist devices (VAD), and intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP)
- Assists with the development, implementation, and evaluation of perfusion policies, standards, and procedures
- May participate in or perform clinical perfusion research. Stays abreast of current and developing advances in field. Participates in the evaluation and selection of new equipment
- Bachelor's degree in related field and graduate of an accredited Perfusionist program
- State licensure if required by law. Certified as a Clinical Perfusionist (CCP) by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP)
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.