Location: Richmond, VA
Description: Perfusionist, VCU Health System's Children’s Heart Center, Richmond, VA
The Children's Hospital Foundation Heart Center at Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU is growing and we are looking for Full-Time Pediatric Perfusionists. We prefer applicants with at least two years of pediatric perfusion experience and the ability to work in a team environment.
The Perfusionist maintains life-support functions during cardiopulmonary bypass for those patients undergoing cardiac surgery. Provides additional cardiac support for patients undergoing radiologic, diagnostic, and therapeutic procedures related to cardiac disease. Assists in preservation of hemodynamic stability through blood conservation/salvage/infusion for those patients undergoing both scheduled and emergency surgery for cardiac as well as other surgical specialties.
Required Qualifications: Perfusionists work all three shifts, weekends and holidays. Individual shift rotation and schedules will be established with the Lead Perfusionist. Schedules, including requirements of shift rotations and hours of work may be adjusted as necessary to meet unit requirements and/or as needed.
- Graduate of an accredited perfusion program
- Current American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion certification or eligible
- AHA BLS HCP Certification or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Health Science field (Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy, Physiology) or closely related field
- Academic Health Care experience
- 2 years of pediatric perfusion experience