Location: Baltimore, MD
University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) has achieved Magnet status in recognition of hospital nursing excellence. UMMC is a teaching hospital with 757 beds based in Baltimore, Maryland, that provides the full range of health care. It has more than 35,000 inpatient admissions and 165,000 outpatient visits each year.
Be a part of something greater!
At the University of Maryland Heart and Vascular Center, we have a national reputation for treating complex heart conditions using the most advanced treatment options and therapies. The vast expertise of our physicians, who are also University of Maryland School of Medicine faculty members, distinguishes us as a first-rate academic heart center. The perfusionist operates extracorporeal circulation and autotransfusion equipment during any medical situation where it is necessary to support or temporarily replace the patient’s circulatory or respiratory function. The perfusionist is knowledgeable concerning the variety of equipment available to perform extracorporeal circulation functions and is responsible, in consultation with the physician, for selecting the appropriate techniques and equipment to be used.
* Bachelor’s Degree from an approved Perfusion Training program or a Bachelor’s Degree with certification in perfusion technology required. (Master’s preferred)
* Eligible for Certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion required.
* Licensure with the State of Maryland specific as a Perfusionist is required.
* One (1) year of perfusion experience preferred.
* Current CPR Certification required.
Contact: Apply at https://jobs.umms.org/ShowJob/JobId/2385915/Perfusionist