Location: New Bedford, MA
Check out Southcoast Health System Cardiovascular Surgery Team – one of only a small number of community hospitals in Massachusetts offering open heart surgery.
We are currently looking for one exceptional Perfusionist to join our close-knit CVOR team!
With this Warm and Welcoming Invitation, We Hope You Wish to Explore Joining Our Team of Top-Notch Caregivers. Your Opportunity Awaits!
Join our team of elite cardiovascular nurses, top cardiovascular surgeons and advanced practice practitioners to work in this highly sought-after open heart surgery service.
Our CVOR specializes in coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery, complex aortic surgery, and minimally invasive valve replacement. Work with the latest clinical equipment such as left and right side Impella Ventricular Assist devices.
We are searching for a Perfusionist to perform under the general supervision and direction of the Chief of Cardiac Surgery, operate heart-lung machine and related equipment. Assemble and operate cell-savers, intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP), Abiomed Impellas and ECMO circuits (Cardiohelp). Monitor and record vital signs such as blood flow rates, gas flow rates, EKG, laboratory values and activated clotting times (ACTs). Maintain thorough perfusion records, before, during and after cardiopulmonary bypass. Dis-assemble equipment, inspect, clean and reassemble equipment and ensure proper storage. Order inventory and store standard supplies and equipment.
Why Consider SouthCoast Health System?
• Work at one of the highest quality healthcare facilities in Southeastern Massachusetts
Southcoast is a great place to work! Our staff are:
Talented and dedicated.
Highly trained and experienced.
Committed to the highest standards.
Both Proud and Passionate about what they do.
All You Need…
• Completion of two years of college in a related field or the equivalent knowledge and experience is required.
• Must possess Perfusionist license from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
• New grads welcome!
• A belief in the things we value:
Communication and teamwork.
Putting the patient first.
We cherish the hard work and dedication of all of our employees and reward them with:
• Competitive Wages
• Rich benefits with generous time off benefits
• Various schedules to choose from
• Work-Life Balance
Located in a lovely residential community in New Bedford, MA
• Work with top-notch cardio-vascular surgeons
• Excellent Clinical Educators
If interested in working for an organization on the move, send your resume now:
to Debra Parent at 508-884-6798, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. I would be delighted to speak with you anytime, 24/7, (evenings and weekends included)!
SouthCoast Health System, includes Charlton Memorial Hospital, St. Luke’s Hospital and Tobey Hospital has over 7,000 employees. An award winning health system, recently honored with Southcoast Media Groups, 2019 Best of the Best Award - Best Place to Work, and named to Newsweek’s inaugural list of the World’s Best Hospitals 2019 (of the 2,743 U.S. hospitals that were considered, only 250 earned this recognition.) Our awards are a testament to our talented, dedicated employees and their commitment to delivering world class patient care.
• Close proximity to Cape Cod, Providence, Newport and Boston! Avoid the traffic driving to Boston or Providence.
• There’s a lot happening at Southcoast Health Systems!
• St. Luke’s Hospital is Becoming a Level II Trauma Center
• Building a New ICU unit
• Offers a New State-of-the-art Women and Children’s Pavilion
• State-of-the Art Level II Nursery
Contact: Debra Parent, 508-884-6798, free to call or text to contact 24/7